The Chesnaught Tera Raid event is coming soon in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet, and players need to prepare themselves for this powerful Grass and Fighting-type Pokemon. In this guide, we will cover everything players need to know about the upcoming 7-star Chesnaught Tera Raid event, including the best ways to defeat its moves.
When will Chesnaught appear in Tera Raids?
The 7-star Chesnaught Tera Raids will begin on May 12 and will continue till May 14, and the event will return from May 19 to May 21. After the event concludes, the only way to get a Chesnaught is through trading or importing from Pokemon HOME, or if this particular raid event returns in the future.
Chesnaught Moveset & Type
Chesnaught has a Rock Tera Type, which makes it weak against Fighting, Grass, Ground, Steel, and Water-type moves. It is not a good idea to bring Pokemon with single-type combos like Water, Ground, or Steel because of the possible moveset. Unfortunately, we do not know the Chesnaught moveset yet. Players should expect powerful moves based on Chesnaught’s standard Grass and Fighting-type, like Wood Hammer, Seed Bomb, Body Press, or Close Combat. Additionally, Chesnaught will likely have a Rock-type move like Stone Edge or Rock Slide.
Best Offensive and Defensive Builds for Chesnaught Tera Raid
Here are some recommended builds for trainers who want to defeat Chesnaught Tera Raid event:
- Annihilape Build: This build is recommended for trainers who want to focus on attacking. Annihilape’s Fighting/Ghost-type combo makes it resistant to Rock-type moves and completely immune to Fighting-type moves. The build relies on Annihilape’s huge Attack stat to deal massive damage to Chesnaught. Drain Punch and the Shell Bell help with survivability, while Bulk Up and Screech are excellent support options to get the edge on Chesnaught.
- Appletun Build: Appletun’s Grass/Dragon type combo makes it a bulky Pokemon to tank hits and support the team. Teaching Appletun Reflect is an excellent support option that affects the whole team. Giga Drain and the Shell Bell will help keep Appletun alive and deal solid damage, while Apple Acid will weaken Chesnaught even further.
- Gholdengo Build: Gholdengo is another solid offensive choice for the Chesnaught Tera Raid. This strategy mainly relies on boosting Gholdengo’s Special Attack with Nasty Plot and hitting Chesnaught with super-effective Steel-type moves like Flash Cannon. Trainers can also include Steel Beam in Gholdengo’s moveset, which deals heavy damage back to Gholdengo, so players should use it carefully.
- Pokémon Go Raid Bosses for May 2023: Schedule, Guide, and More
- 5 gameplay features in GTA San Andreas that were ahead of its time
- 5 Reasons Why GTA Liberty City Stories is a Noteworthy Prequel
The Chesnaught Tera Raid event is a challenging event for players in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet. However, with these builds and strategies, trainers can defeat Chesnaught and get a chance to catch it. It is essential to prepare the team with the recommended moveset and type combos to have the edge in the event. Good luck to all trainers!