Pokemon Scarlet & Violet trainers are demonstrating impressive strategies by using Starter Pokemon from past Tera Raids to defeat the monstrously strong Chesnaught in just one hit.
Overview of Chesnaught Tera Raid
The Chesnaught Tera Raid began on May 12, 2023, and will continue until May 14, 2023. Many players prepared their Raid Pokemon ahead of time, with trainers choosing strong counters for Chesnaught like Annihilape, Appletun, and Gholdengo.
Starter Pokemon Demolishing Chesnaught
Now, trainers are using Starter Pokemon from past Tera Raids to knock out Chesnaught in one hit. Members of the Pokemon Scarlet & Violet subreddit posted their strategies for Starters like Decidueye, Greninja, and even Chesnaught itself.
The Decidueye strategy came from a trainer called No-Pool-7850, who put together an in-depth plan to bring out the Grass/Ghost-type’s full potential. The strategy relied on Decidueye as the attacker, with Oranguru, Arboliva, and Umbreon for support.
- Oranguru attacks Decidueye with Shadown Pall to trigger the Overgrow Ability and Weakness Policy.
- Arboliva uses Helping Hand on Decidueye.
- Umbreon uses Fake Tears on Chesnaught.
With these buffs on Decidueye and debuffs on Chesnaught, Decidueye can use Frenzy Plant to knock out Chesnaught in one move.
The trainer also devised a strategy to take on Chesnaught with Greninja. Similar to the Decidueye strategy, a teammate will attack Greninja to trigger its Torrent Ability and Weakness Policy.
- Another teammate will use Helping Hand on Greninja while the other weakens Chesnaught with Fake Tears again.
- Finally, Greninja can use Hydro Cannon to KO Chesnaught.
Finally, a trainer named flamewizzy21 used Chesnaught to OHKO Chesnaught with another impressive setup. This strategy relies on the attacking Chesnaught using Belly Drum to increase its Attack stat.
- Two Pokemon use Screech to weaken Chesnaught.
- The third member uses an Attack Cheer and Helping Hand on the friendly Chesnaught.
- Finally, Chesnaught can use Close Combat to end the fight with a OHKO on turn 2.
While Starter Pokemon are notoriously strong, it’s still impressive these trainers were able to make such solid strategies to bring out their full potential. By using these strategies, Pokemon Scarlet & Violet trainers are demonstrating that they are truly skilled in the art of Pokemon battles.